Material donations provide the hands-on essentials that directly help people who use HSC’s services. If you are looking for ways to make a difference, consider a gift of material goods.
Donations are accepted Monday - Friday 9:00am - 1:30pm* in the Daytime Essential Services Center office on the right side as you enter the parking lot at 115 Coral Street. Please do not drop off items during the weekend or after hours during the week.
* Arrangements may be made for alternative drop-off days/times by contacting Campus Coordinator Chris Warner at 831-458-6020 ext. 1108.
Click here for a PDF of Spring/Summer 2013 Wish List!
We would really like art supplies from the community! To support our expressive arts therapy programs, we are asking for donations of paint, paper, charcoals, crafts and glue, etc. These arts programs have proven to be very effective in building confidence and communication skills among our program participants. Thank you for thinking of HSC!
Thank you!PLEASE NOTE:
*We are only able to accept unopened food items; used/open food must be discarded.
*We are unable to accept used books and used toys. We simply receive too many of these for the storage space we have available.
*At this time, we are generally NOT accepting donations of used toys or used children's books, etc. If you feel that you have something truly special and in great shape, please call us to discuss! If you would like to grace us with a new toy for a birthday or holiday gift, we would be happy to accept. We can also always use wrapping paper, ribbon, etc.
Here are some other ideas:
Hygiene Products Needed:
HSC’s Hygiene Bay is the only 24-hour bathroom in town. Participants can also shower and do laundry.
• Shampoo / Conditioner
• Bar Soap / Body Wash
• Laundry Soap / Bleach
• Toilet Paper
• New Toothbrushes / Toothpaste
• Mouth Wash
• Razors / Shaving Cream
• New Combs / Brushes
• Bath Towels
• Feminine Products
Rebele Family Shelter is a 3-6 month temporary shelter for 50+ children and their families.
• Diapers / Baby Wipes
• Baby Formula
• New & Gently-Used Children’s Clothing
• New & Gently-Used Children’s Shoes
• Art Supplies (thicker paper for painting, paint brushes, washable tempura paint, glitter, glue sticks, clay, sponges, finger paint, easels, watercolor pencils)
• Frames and Matting for children’s artwork
HSC has a clothing closet, open daily, where participants can choose up to three free items at a time.
• Jeans / Men’s Pants (especially smaller sizes)
• Packaged/New Undergarments
• Socks / Shoes
• Nicer, job interview attire
Page Smith Community House is a transitional co-housing program that provides up to 18 months of supportive transitional housing for up to 40 men and women.
• Table Lamps
• Flatware / Bowls
• Sheets (twin) / Blankets
• New Pillows
• Bus Passes
• Gas Cards
• Sleeping Bags
• New Computers & Flat-Screen Monitors
• DVD Player
• Paper Shredder
• Gift Cards / Gift Certificates
• 10-Key Calculator w/ Tape Roll
• Coffee Maker
HSC’s Meal Services provides breakfast and dinner to hundreds of men and women daily.
• Dairy (Milk / Butter / Cheese)
• Coffee / Tea
• Paper Cups
• Trash Bags (56-gallon)